Tag Archives: Hostess
Who knew that a speedy little year could teach big and little lessons along the way? Actually, I did… and I learned a lot. Some lessons were new, some just reminders, some I’m glad I learned, some not so glad, some were so bad that I still can taste it (That’d be number 1 on the list), some were bittersweet and some just plain fun…55 things… That is more than one a week for all of you non-math people. Here we go….
6. We are never guaranteed our next breath.
15. Having no car payments…. nice ….having to start the car by lifting the hood and plugging up the battery…. not so nice..
18. Not everyone will reciprocate or maybe even acknowledge your kindness, generosity, care, concern, friendship or love….. it’s okay… just love ’em anyway.
21. Low carb food, like my low carb pancakes, can really taste good…..and that’s not even comparing it to out of date crackers.
24. Finding wild baby animals makes you want to keep them, but they have more chance of survival if you leave them alone….Okay, we didn’t find the monkey but he was just too cute to not include.
28. Grace exemplified is amazing to see, be a part of, experience, receive and feel. It is also amazing to see a loved ones life changed because of it.
37. Surprising co-workers with their favorite something, going to support them away from work, laughing together, praying together and liking each other is not necessarily the norm, even in churches. I love and am proud of my co-workers…They may as well be family… Actually, they pretty much are.
38. Not all American Flags are made in America…
46. I do NOT like politics, political commercials or political party talk… ever… but especially not during election year. I research on a my own and yes, I voted.
47. It becomes overwhelming when I think about children and how many of them, the same ages as my daughters, that are being lured, captured,s old into the Human Trafficking industry… It is a huge worldwide problem and there are ways to help just as we did by purchasing pumpkins where proceeds go to help girls at risk right here in our own state.
48. Traditions change, people change, plans change, scenery changes…nothing lasts forever, not even Hostess but Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
53. Bacon is the new Salsa… or maybe the new Chocolate… it’s everywhere.
Inspired by another blogger, as I wait for the countdown into a new year, I’ve decided to share my list of 2012 favorites…. feel free to join me with your list!
My favorite snacks of 2012:
- Nabs- Lance Cheese Crackers with Peanut butter… only Lance
- Hershey Kisses (Cherry Cordial flavor)
- Ice Cream
My favorite extinct Hostess product to in 2012:
- Ding Dongs
- Those Orange cupcakes
- The coconutty little donuts
My favorite toes in 2012:
- The big toe
- The pinky toe
- The three in between
My favorite letters of the alphabet in 2012:
My favorite books of 2012:
- The Bible
- Come away My Beloved
- Good Night, Moon
- Don’t let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
- The one I wrote
My favorite candle scents of 2012:
- Bob Evans pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie
- Some clearanced Halloween scent in a black candle
My favorite stores of 2012:
- Old Navy
My favorite words of 2012:
My favorite phrases in 2012:
- I know it’s green, but what else is about it?
- How ’bout cupcake?
- No worries
- We’ll see
- Love you
My favorite experienced car problems of 2012:
- The engine still running when the key is out of the ignition
- The tire off of the rim
- The dead battery
- The door handles breaking off
- The broken windshield wiper on a rainy day
My favorite foods that I cooked in 2012:
- cheese crackers using only cheese
- flax meal bread
- No carb pancakes
My favorite phone apps of 2012:
- Many camera apps
My favorite smells of 2012:
- Fresh baked bread
- Wet earth
- My husband’s cologne… any that he wears
- Moth balls
My most annoying Christmas songs of 2012:
- Last Christmas ( I gave you my heart)…
- Any song sung by scary sounding children’s choirs
- Any Peanuts/Charlie Brown Christmas
My favorite accents of 2012:
- South Dakotan
My favorite weather of 2012:
- Stormy nights
- Cool, crisp fall air
- Cloudless nights
- Rainy days with nowhere to go or be
Happy New Year!