Tag Archives: Tiger
Who knew that a speedy little year could teach big and little lessons along the way? Actually, I did… and I learned a lot. Some lessons were new, some just reminders, some I’m glad I learned, some not so glad, some were so bad that I still can taste it (That’d be number 1 on the list), some were bittersweet and some just plain fun…55 things… That is more than one a week for all of you non-math people. Here we go….
6. We are never guaranteed our next breath.
15. Having no car payments…. nice ….having to start the car by lifting the hood and plugging up the battery…. not so nice..
18. Not everyone will reciprocate or maybe even acknowledge your kindness, generosity, care, concern, friendship or love….. it’s okay… just love ’em anyway.
21. Low carb food, like my low carb pancakes, can really taste good…..and that’s not even comparing it to out of date crackers.
24. Finding wild baby animals makes you want to keep them, but they have more chance of survival if you leave them alone….Okay, we didn’t find the monkey but he was just too cute to not include.
28. Grace exemplified is amazing to see, be a part of, experience, receive and feel. It is also amazing to see a loved ones life changed because of it.
37. Surprising co-workers with their favorite something, going to support them away from work, laughing together, praying together and liking each other is not necessarily the norm, even in churches. I love and am proud of my co-workers…They may as well be family… Actually, they pretty much are.
38. Not all American Flags are made in America…
46. I do NOT like politics, political commercials or political party talk… ever… but especially not during election year. I research on a my own and yes, I voted.
47. It becomes overwhelming when I think about children and how many of them, the same ages as my daughters, that are being lured, captured,s old into the Human Trafficking industry… It is a huge worldwide problem and there are ways to help just as we did by purchasing pumpkins where proceeds go to help girls at risk right here in our own state.
48. Traditions change, people change, plans change, scenery changes…nothing lasts forever, not even Hostess but Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
53. Bacon is the new Salsa… or maybe the new Chocolate… it’s everywhere.
I read this morning about being God’s masterpiece…. That is a huge thing to consider. I’ll admit that probably more days than not, I don’t feel or look much like a masterpiece. When I think of a masterpiece I think of something great like the Sistine Chapel or “The Cotton Exchange in New Orleans” by Degas. (Okay, I totally looked that one up), but maybe you understand where I’m coming from. I have in my mind that masterpiece is defined as something great but completed… done…. no additions, no subtractions…. just perfecto. No more touch ups by Michelangelo on the Sistine Chapel ceiling because it was perfect. Then others see it and ooh and aah about it’s greatness and it becomes something distinguished, something of value, something that others love or at least pretend to love because it is a “masterpiece”. Now, that’s how I picture a masterpiece.
When I read that, not feeling much like a masterpiece, I began thinking about what that meant. If I’m God’s masterpiece, what does that say about me really? Am I complete? I hope not. Am I distinguished? Not really. Do I need additions or subtractions in my life? Yep! (and my family and co-workers say a big “Amen”) Well then, if I am going by my definition then there is no way I am a masterpiece. So, feeling a little uneasy, I looked up the definition and I was surprised to find out that masterpiece is not defined by what others think nor about it being complete or perfect… Though many of the sources varied in a small way, most defined the word masterpiece as an outstanding work of art. So that raised another question…. outstanding to whom? Who decides if it is a masterpiece or a piece of junk? Hmmm, more to ponder…..
I have toyed with art for years and recently found that my Ipad is a great canvas. I have an app that is helpful for the mental block that storms in when I ask myself, “Okay, what should I draw?” It gives daily challenges and competitions that spark that idea machine to turn it’s wheels…. So, because of those little idea boosters, I have created some artwork that I would have probably never drawn otherwise…. like a caricature of a celebrity, someone “caught” or a 4th of July firework….. Though there is one thing that I’ve noticed in all of the challenges and competitions. I won’t or don’t enter my art into a either one if I am not satisfied with it. I have to feel that it is good enough…. my best….. my own personal masterpiece of sorts.
However, as are most, I am my worst critic. Once I’ve submitted my art, I find a dozen or hundreds or even more changes that I could have made to improve it…. It is my masterpiece but yet, I’m not truly finished with it and because of my eyes, as the creator of it, I probably never will be finished with it. There will always be something to change. And though I don’t know the story of Michelangelo’s painting, I wonder if he stood back while others “oohed” and “aahed” about his work and thought, “I should have added a bit more color to the clouds.” Possibly, however, would he have said, “Okay, I’m done”, if he wasn’t pleased or satisfied or even proud of his work… his creation? I’m thinking a strong no possibility…
So, I drew a lion that was featured by the app creator and I also created a baby dragon that I really liked but didn’t receive the accolades that the lion did. Both, to me, the artist, are each ones that I really like yet they are totally different. I can’t compare them because they are just not the same. Though one took hours and hours to complete and the other took less than an hour, they both can use some touch ups here and there…. but I was satisfied with them both and still am.
So, if through Christ, I am God’s masterpiece, as the artist, he doesn’t have to keep me the way I am. He can always make changes (or create in me desire to change) to help perfect me and still be totally pleased with who he has created….
I definitely needed that reminder today….. maybe you need it too…. You are his masterpiece…. his handiwork…. each of us different, each of us valued to the Artist…. and the Artist doesn’t care nor place our value by what others think….
What a great thing to soak in….
New Living Translation (NLT)
10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
The artwork in this post is all original and created on my Ipad. 🙂